One of the best classical adventures trekking in Nepal is Manaslu Circuit Trek. This trek takes you around Mt. Manaslu letting you imprison the most stupendous Mt. Manaslu, Annapurna ranges and Ganesh Himal. The epic landscapes you witness during this trek will be a lifetime memory. Though this trek is being exposed to the trekkers recently, yet, the trail and the local culture of the people are unspoiled. You will enjoy the wild nature and very intimate local people. Further, the trek takes you to the top of Larkya La Pass (5160m) and you can view majestic Himalayan ranges which will be hard to believe. Thrilling suspension bridges, the mighty rivers and gurgling streams, deep forest, magnificent local villages, sacred monasteries, mani walls, hospitable local peole, terraces, ridges and deep gorges will equally astonish you during the trek.
Drive to Sotikhola to begin your Manaslu Circuit Trek. It is 8-9 hours drive from Kathmandu through the country road after a few hours of drive along the Prithvi Highway. We, then, ascend to higher elevation passing through various local villages like Machhakhola, Jagat, Deng, Namrung, Samagaon and Samdo. We spend more than a week walking in the heart of the mountain above 3000m. Further, walk past Dharmasala and Bimtang and ascend up to the climax of Larkya La Pass (5160m), take your time to experience thrilling adventure and incredible mountain panorama around and keep the memories into your cameras. Retrace through Dharapani to Besisahar, the classical Annapurna Circuit Trek beginning point. We drive back to Kathmandu from Besisahar to end our Manaslu Circuit Trek.
The highest point we get during this trek is Larkya La Pass (5160m). The pass is considered to be one of the adventure high passes of Nepal. Trekkers need to work 6-7 hours on average every day. The trail is in the Manaslu Conservation Area. Since the trekking consists of Larkya La Pass (5160m), it is challenging. trek. High level of fitness and stamina is must. Prior trekking/ hiking experiences will be beneficial for you.
People require obtaining two different permits for this trek. Manaslu Conservation Area Entry Permit and Special Area Trekking Permit are the two necessary trekking permits for this trek.
Food and Accommodation:-
Few years back, only camping trekking would be possible in Manaslu region since there were no lodges for food and accommodation. But now, we can get local lodge accommodation on the trail. The same lodge/ teahouse provides foods for us. The accommodation is very basic but sufficiently neat for an overnight stay.
Do not undertake Manaslu Circuit Trek during Winter( Dec-Feb) because the massive snowfall will obstruct your trip and it is very risky to walk too. Summer ( Jun-Aug) also doesn’t not favor us for this trek as we receive big rainfall. The two best kinds of the weather of the year for Manaslu Circuit Trek are Autumn( Sept-Nov) and Spring ( Mar-May). Out of two, the majority of the people go with Autumn.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with necessary travel information.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Trek preparation and a half Kathmandu valley sightseeing.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sotikhola by local bus (8/9 hours) as option you may upgrade to a private jeep.
- Day 04: Trek from Sotikhola to Machhakhola (869 meter /05 hours).
- Day 05: Trek from Machhakhola to Jagat (1340 meter/06 hours).
- Day 06: Trek from Jagat to Deng (1860 meter/ 05 or 06 hours).
- Day 07: Trek from Deng to Namrung (2630 meter/06 or 07 hours).
- Day 08: Trek from Namrung to Sama gaun (3520 meter/06 hours)
- Day 09: A rest and acclimatization day at Sama gaun.
- Day 10: Trek from Sama gaun to Samdo (3860 meter/05 hours).
- Day 11: Trek from Samdo to Dharamsala (4460 meter/ 04 or 05 hours).
- Day 12: Trek from Dharamsala to Bimtang (3750 M.) via Larke pass (5160 meter/07 or 08 hours)
- Day 13: Trek from Bimtang to Dharapani (1963 meter/06 hours).
- Day 14: Drive from Dharapani to Kathmandu via Besisahar by local sharing transport (10 or 11 hours).
- Day 15: Departure.
- Enjoy one of the best classical adventures trekking in Nepal
- Imprison the most stupendous Mt. Manaslu, Annapurna ranges and Ganesh Himal
- Rejoice capturing he epic landscapes
- Cross thrilling Larkya La Pass (5160m)
- Experience the unspoiled wilderness
- Celebrate your walk through suspension bridges, the mighty rivers and gurgling streams, deep forest, magnificent local villages and sacred monasteries