This trek is a venture to the Base Camp of world fifth highest mountain of the world, Base Camp of Mt. Makalu. Makalu Base Camp Trek delights us tremendously with the unique experience of unspoiled nature and authentic culture, enigmatic mountain views, spectacular valleys and landscapes and endangered species of flora and fauna. This less hit trail lets you feel an extraordinarily different experience of trekking than trekking to other crowded trekking trails like Everest Base Camp and Poonhill Trek. If you really want to enjoy the lap of pristine nature for more than a fortnight with fabulous adventure trekking in Nepal, definitely, you will go with Makalu Base Camp Trek. Celebrate the walk through Makalu Barun National Park experiencing various species of wildlife and plants, impressive local Rai, Gurun villages and Sherpa villages, awe-inspiring Barun Valley and fabulous Barun Glacier, high passes and pastures and lush rhododendron. Most significantly, the astounding views of Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Lhotse and Kanchenjungha will make this trekking trip life-changing.
We take a spectacular domestic flight to Tumlingtar from Kathmandu to begin this trek. Tumlingtar is located in the eastern part of Nepal. The trail begins with spectacular terraced farmlands in the lower Makalu region. Ascending, you will pass through deep rhododendron, beautiful waterfalls, and landscapes and various species of flora and fauna in Makalu Barun National Park. The deep forested trail, finally, turns into alpine landscapes with smaller bushes and glacier valleys including the very popular Barun Valley and Barun Glacier.
Walking up to Makalu Base Camp, you can imprison stupendous Mt. Everest, Makalu and other giant summits above 8 thousands. The whole surrounding is breathtaking from the Base Camp. Celebrate the blissful moments at your wish and return back along the same trail to Tumlingtar and take another short domestic flight to Kathmandu.
The trekkers who wish to immerse themselves into the wild nature find Makalu Base Camp Trek an ideal trekking trip in Nepal.
The Fall ( Sep-Nov) and Spring ( Mar-May) are the two most finest weathers of the year for Makalu Base Camp Trek. However, people undertake this trek during pre-winter days. But, the peak of the winter days and the summer/rainy will trouble with unfavorable weather extremes like heavy rainfall and snowfall on the trail. During Fall and Spring, you will celebrate the spectacular views with best weather of the year.
Food and Accommodation:-
You will stay overnight at local teahouses/lodges. The beds are neat enough to spend a single night. Regarding food items, mostly, you will eat Nepali, Indian and continental dishes prepared by local people. All the food items will be very fresh and organic.
Since it is not a restricted area trekking in Nepal, trekkers require to obtain two different permits for Makalu Base Camp Trek. These permits are TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) Card and Makalu Barun National Park Entry Permit. But, Nepali National can do this trek without any of the permits.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with necessary travel information.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Half-Day Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour and Trek Preparation
- Day 03: Fly to Tumlingtar and Drive to Chichila
- Day 04: Trek to Num
- Day 05: Trek to Seduwa
- Day 06: Trek to Tashigaon
- Day 07: Trek to Khongma Danda
- Day 08: Acclimatization and Rest day in Khongma Danda
- Day 09: Trek to Dobate
- Day 10: Trek to Yangle Kharka
- Day 11: Trek to Langmale Kharka
- Day 12: trek to Makalu base camp
- Day 13: Day walk around Makalu Base Camp
- Day 14: Trek back to Yangle Kharka
- Day 15: Trek to Dobate
- Day 16: Trek to Khongma Danda
- Day 17: Trek to Tashigaon
- Day 18: Trek to Seduwa
- Day 19: Trek to Num
- Day 20: Trek to Chichila and drive to Tumlingtar
- Day 21: Fly Back to Kathmandu
- Day 22: Departure
- Capture astounding Mt. Everest, Mt. Makalu, Lhotse, Kanchenjungha and many other majestic peaks
- Unique experience of unspoiled nature and authentic culture, enigmatic mountain views, spectacular valleys and landscapes
- Endangered species of flora and fauna of Makalu Barun National Park
- Awe-inspiring Barun Valley and fabulous Barun Glacier
- Immerse yourself into the core wilderness of nature