Khopra Ridge Trek takes you an incredible less busy trekking trail in Annapurna region combining the Ghorepani and Poonhill Trek. Khopra Ridge Trek is, sometimes, considered as Khayer Lake Trek too. If it includes Khayer Lake, it will be a complete package of exploring Ghorepani, Poonhill, Khopra Ridge and Khayer Lake. These four destinations are, probably, the most rewarding to the trekkers to rejoice breathtaking mountain panorama including Dhaulagiri, Annapurna massif, Machhapuchhre, Himchuli, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal and unspoiled wild nature. The Trek also takes you through pristine villages, deep woods, paddy and corn fields, harmonious waterfalls and incredible landscapes. This is less exposed trekking trail in Annapurna region and many of the trekkers may not know about it.
This 12 days’ Khopra Ridge Trek begins from beautiful city Pokhara. If you are planning it from Kathmandu, take a 6-7 hours drive or 25 minutes domestic flight to Pokhara. In order to begin the walk formally, we, further, drive to Nayapool. We follow the same trail of Ghorepani-Poonhill Trek until we get to Ghorepani. Before that, we pass Birethanti, Tikhedhunga, Ulleri and Banthanti. During this walk, we also celebrate spectacular walk into deep forest of rhododendron and soothing natural water falls.
As in Ghorepani-Poonhill Trek, we ascend up to the top of the Poonhill and celebrate, probably, the most rewarding entire Annapurna range, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Lamjung Himal, Himchuli, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu. Now, trek towards the final destination of this trek, Khopra Ridge/Danda passing Upper Chistibung. Khopra Ridge/Danda offers you stupendous Annapurna South, Nilgiri and giant Dhaulagiri in the vicinity. Exploring more things, we undertake a day hiking to Khayar Lake. Khayare Lake is believed to be holy lake by both Hindu and Buddhist followers. We have the true spiritual feeling while exploring this calm lake in the lap of the Himalayas.
To retrace, we pass Tatopani, hot spring where we relax by dipping our tired body into lovely warm water and, finally, arrive in Pokhara to end this beautiful trip.
It is a moderate to witness magnificent Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. The highest point you get during this trek is 4665m which is Khayer Lake. Also, you can escape this day hiking taking rest at Khopra Danda located at 3660m above the sea level. You won’t have very challenging and stressful working hours during the trek. We work for 6-7 hours in a day in average. Simply put, people with high level of fitness can venture on the trek.
No any special permits required except Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ACAP) and TIMS (Trekkers Information Management System) Card. If you join a travel company in Nepal, they will easily get them for you prior to the trek.
Best Weather(s) for the trek:-
Khopra Ridge Trek can be done even in pre-summer ( June) and pre-winter ( Dec), however, Spring ( Mar-May) and Autumn ( Sept- Nov) are the two most rewarding seasons of the year. Both kinds of weather favor us with awesome temperature and atmosphere to walk and capture the views.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with necessary travel information.
- Day 01: Arrive at T.I.A. Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu and Pokhara by Tourist bus (840 M. / 7 Hours).
- Day 04: Drive from Pokhara to Nayapul by local bus & same day trek to Ulleri (2050 M. /6 hours).
- Day 05: Trek from Ulleri to Ghorepani (2860 M. /5-6 hours).
- Day 06: Trek from Ghorepani to Upper Chistibung (3000 M. / 5-6 hours).
- Day 07: Trek Upper Chistibung to Khopra Danda (3640 M. / 3 hours).
- Day 08: Rest & Excursion day to Khayer Lake (4660 M. / 7-8 hours).
- Day 09: Trek from Khopra Danda to Tatopani/Nature Hot Spring (1250 M. / 5-6 hours).
- Day 10: Drive from Tatopani to Pokhara (5-6 hours).
- Day 11: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus (7 hours).
- Day 12: Departure.
- Rejoice breathtaking mountain panorama of Dhaulagiri, Annapurna massif, Machhapuchhre, Himchuli, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal
- Capture stunning sunrise from Poonhill
- Enjoy natural hot springs at Tatopani
- Explore holy Khayer Lake
- Celebrate the walk through pristine villages, deep woods, paddy and corn fields, harmonious waterfalls and incredible landscapes