Helambu Trek is an easy walk into core Tamang traditional settlements witnessing the stupendous Langtang range and other mesmerizing mountain summits. The trail is located closer to Kathmandu. Within a few days of the trek, we can experience a spectacular walk acknowledging the authentic culture of the ethnic people and their lifestyle and incredible snow-covered mountain ranges in our Helambu Trek. Similarly, trekkers will have an opportunity to walk passing through deep woods, natural waterfalls, terraced fields, beautiful meadows, and picturesque traditional hamlets during the trek.
We begin our Helambu Trek from Sundarijal after a short drive from Kathmandu. Before that, we will let you explore UNESCO World Heritage Sites located in Kathmandu Valley. The trail from Sundarijal ascends through Shivapuri National Park. We can feel absolute freedom escaping from big cities while walking via lush rhododendron, pine, and oak. Passing various local settlements like Mulkharka, Chisapani, Kutumsang, and Tharepati, we finally arrive at Melamchi and complete exploring the entire Helambu region.
Those who are planning to do week refreshment hiking near Kathmandu to experience the Nepalese rural lifestyle along with dazzling mountain panorama, Helambu Trek will be the best option. People of any age group can undertake this trek. The trail is located near Kathmandu; it doesn’t mean that it won’t be as exciting as other trekking trails located in distant from Kathmandu. Trekkers will equally celebrate this short and easy hiking.
Getting to the Trailhead:-
We drive to Sundarijal to begin Helambu Trek from the hotel. For this, we have two options: private jeep/car drive or public bus ride. We spend a maximum of 1 hour on this drive. If you choose a public bus ride, it may take longer hours. The majority of trekkers go with private jeep/car drive, however, some independent trekkers love bus riding to Sundarijal.
Accommodation and Food:-
Expect to stay overnight at basic local lodges. Most of the mountain lodges have toilets and bathrooms outside of the room. You are expected to eat where you stay in the mountain. The foods they provide are organic and delicious. Many mountain lodges do not have food items as you find in modern cities. They have their own menu with certain items of food they can cook for you.
Best Weather of the Year:-
Autumn( Sep-Nov) and Spring ( Mar-May) are the two best kinds of weather of the year for Helambu Trek. However, since it is an easy walk near Kathmandu Valley, people can do Helambu Trek all round the year. There will not be any obstacles on the trail whenever you choose to do it except a few days’ rains in the monsoon.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with necessary travel information.
- Day 01: Your Arrival At T.I.A. Kathmandu
- Day 02: Half Day City Sightseeing and Evening Trek Briefing
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Sundarijal (1 hour) and trek to Chisapani (2,165 M) (3/4 hours)
- Day 04: Trek from Chisapani to Kutumsnag 2,470 M. (6-8 hours)
- Day 05: Trek from Kutumsang to Melmchi Gaun via Tharepati viewpoint 3690 M. (6-7 hours)
- Day 06: Trek from Melmchi Gaun to Thimpu (2-3 hours) & drive to Kathmandu via Melmchi Bazzar by local transport (4-5 hours)
- Day 07: Departure
- Easy and Spectacular walk into core Tamang traditional settlements
- Witnessing stupendous Langtang mountain range and other mesmerizing snow-covered summits
- An exciting Walk passing through deep woods, natural waterfalls, terraced fields, beautiful meadows
- Enjoy organic food items and local lodge accommodation
- Experience Shivapuri National Park, the closest national park from Kathmandu valley