Ghorepani Poonhill and Mardi Himal Trek is a complete trekking package blended with Ghorepani-Poonhill and Mardi Himal Base Camp. This 12 days trek takes us, first, to Poonhill and then to Mardi Himal Base Camp. Both Poonhill and Mardi Himal Base Camp are spectacular vantage points to imprison the enigmatic mountain panorama of Annapurna region. The views of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna Massif, Hieuchuli, Lamjung Himal, Dhaulagiri, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu will be fabulous throughout the trek.
This is completely a new concept of combining two short treks of the same region: one easy and the other moderate in one comprehensive package so that trekkers will rejoice in both flavors. The Ghorepani Poonhill is very popular among the trekkers and Mardi Himal Trek is still not much exposed, so that, known as wilderness trek or a trekking to less populated area of Nepal. Most importantly, those who choose to venture on this trek, will, definitely, be memorable with distinct experiences of trekking in Nepal.
Not only the dramatic mountain views of Annapurna region but also the walk through deep woods of rhododendron, magnificent high pastures, local villages and soothing waterfalls will dramatically delight you during the trek.
Drive or fly to Pokhara to begin this trek if you are planning it from Kathmandu. Take another jeep drive up to Ulleri and ascend up to Ghorepani. On the trail, we pass beautiful local villages; enjoy magnificent landscapes, rhododendron forest and melodious waterfalls. We climb Poonhill from Ghorepani for stunning sunrise and mountain views. Poonhill provides us an opportunity to witness the entire Annapurna range with massive Dhaulagiri and alluring Machhapuchhre. Then, we, slowly, board the Mardi Himal Trekking trail passing Tadapani and Landruk. Further, ascending through Forest Camp and High Camp, we get to our final destination, Mardi Himal Base Camp. While retracing, we walk past Badal Danga and Sidding and arrive in Pokhara.
How difficult is the trek?
This is a moderate adventure taking you first to Poonhill located at 3200m and then to Mardi Himal Base Camp at 4500m. Trekking up to Poonhill will be like doing an easy hike for the preparation of Mardi Himal Trek. People with a good level of stamina of walking 6-7 hours in a day above 3000m high can undertake this trek. The final section of the trek while getting to Mardi Himal Base Camp turns to be a little bit technical; otherwise, you will have a spectacular time during the trek.
Every individual trekker except Nepali citizen requires collecting two different types of permits for this trek. Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit (ACAP) and TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) Card are the two necessary permits for Ghorepani Poonhill and Mardi Himal Trek. For this, you can simply ask your local travel partner by providing your recent photographs and copy of passport.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with a comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with the necessary travel information.
- Day 01: Arrive at T.I.A. Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Trek preparation and Kathmandu valley sightseeing.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu and Pokhara by Tourist bus (840 M. / 7 Hours).
- Day 04: Drive from Pokhara to Ulleri by private jeep & same day trek to Ghorepani (2860 M. /6-7 hours).
- Day 05: Hike to Poonhill (3210 M.) & same day Trek to Tadapani (2660 M. / 6-7 hours).
- Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Landruk (1430 M. /5-6 hours).
- Day 07: Trek from Landruk to Forest camp (2500 M. /5-6 hours).
- Day 08: Trek from Forest Camp to High Camp (3580 M. / 5 hours).
- Day 09: Mardi Himal viewpoint to Base Camp (4500 M.) & Trek down to Badal Danda (3250 M. / 7-8 hours).
- Day 10: Trek from Badal Danda to Siding and drive to Pokhara by local bus (6-7 hours).
- Day 11: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus (7 hours).
- Day 12: Departure.
- Experience a complete trekking package blended with Ghorepani-Poonhill and Mardi Himal Base Camp
- Dramatic views of Machhapuchhre, Annapurna Massif, Hieuchuli, Lamjung Himal, Dhaulagiri, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu
- Rejoice the the walk through deep woods of rhododendron, magnificent high pastures, local villages and soothing waterfalls
- Hit the less beaten trails to Mardi Himal Base Camp