Undertaking Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek means a trekking into less touristic area of Nepal with equal celebration of stupendous mountain peaks and rural country setting as you are embarking on other major trekking trails. The trail encompassing itself to the Tibetan border, trekkers can experience a wide range of both cultural and natural astonishments from Nepal to Tibet. Similarly, the trails you are going to hit are still virgin and the nature is absolutely unspoiled. Walking via magnificent traditional settlements, terraced fields, deep gorges and deep woods will be the experience for the lifetime during your Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek. Most significantly, stupendous mountain views including Ganesh I, II, III, IV peaks, Langtang Range, Manaslu, Annapurna range and Tibetan mountain range are extraordinary to capture on the trail. As a whole, an absolute wilderness and remoteness will make your Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek more spectacular.
Also, trekkers who choose Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek can explore the ethnic people including Tamang and Gurung and their authentic culture. Having incredible insights into ethnic people’s lifestyle and civilization will equally be mesmerizing during Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek.
There are multiple options for the beginning points for Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek . Some people design the itinerary to begin it from Trishuli Bazar, some from Arughat/ Sotikhola or Machhakhola and some do begin from Syabrubesi. Pariwar Holidays begins Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek from Syabrubesi. We take a long jeep or local bus drive to Syabrubesi from Kathmandu. The trail, from Syabrbesi ascends through lush forest and picturesque settlements. We also experience spectacular walk in Langtang National Park. Gradually, we pass numerous passes, natural lakes, pastures and local settlements including Gatlang(2,337m) Parvati Kunda Somdang(3,271m). Pangsang Pass (3,842m), Tipling (2,087m) Hindung(Gomba Danda) Shertung Chalish Village(1,875m) Thulo Dhunga(3,337m) and eventually to Nojet Kharka(3,691m), which is the Ganesh Himal Base Camp . While passing these local settlements, lakes and pastures, we fully celebrate undisturbed nature and culture. We take an extra day at Base Camp and enjoy excellent views of mountain and the wilderness around.
On backtracking, we follow the trail via Hindung(2,403m) natural hot spring, Khading Gaon (2,025m) Khading Gaon, Magne Goth(2,950m) Lapu Danda (1,250m Ganga Jamuna(950m) and finally, arrive at Tripura Sundari from where we take another drive to Kathmandu. Hindung, which offers us an opportunity to enjoy natural hot spring and Gangajamuna for incredible Manaslu range.
Trekkers will be using very basic local teahouse accommodation during the trek. Optionally, people also choose camping trek to Ganesh Himal Base Camp. Spring and Autumn are the two best seasons of the year for Ganesh Himal Base Camp Trek. Since it is a moderate adventure in Nepal’s Himalayas, trekkers do not require technical skills and past experience of hiking and trekking. Those who have goo level fitness and confidence can accomplish this trek.
- Day 1:- Drive- Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,503m /4,945ft) 7- 8 hours drive
- Day2:- Drive to Chawatar (lunch)- Hike to Gatlang 1 hour drive, (2,337m/7,690ft) 5-6 hours hike
- Day3:– Trek to Somdang (3,271m/10,760ft) 6-7 hours
- Day4:- Trek to Pangsang Pass (La) (3,842m/12,640ft) 3 ½ hours
- Day5 :-Trek to Shertung /Chalish via Tipling (1,875m/6,188ft) 5-6 hours
- Day6:- Trek to Hindung (2,402m/7,900ft) 4 -5 hours
- Day7:- Trek to Thulo Dhunga (3,337m/10,975ft) 4-5 hours
- Day8:- Trek to Ganesh Himal Base Camp (Nojet Kharka) (3,691m/12,140ft) 6 hours
- Day9:- Rest and Exploration Day
- Day10 :– Trek Back to Hindung ( (2,402m/7,900ft) 7-8 hours
- Day11:- Trek back to Racyat Gaon/Kapur Gaon via Hot Spring (1,500m/4,950ft) 5-6 hours
- Day12:- Trek Back to Khading Gaon via Lapa (2,025m/6,660ft) 4-5 hours
- Day13:- Trek Back to Magne Goth (2,950m/9,735ft) 4 hours
- Day14:- Trek to Lapu Danda (1,250m/4,125ft) 5-6 hours
- Day15:- Trek back to Ganga Jamuna (950m/3,135ft) 5-6 hours
- Day16:- Trek back to Tripura Sundari (850m/2,805ft) 5-6 hours
- Day17:- Drive Back to Kathmandu (1,310m/4,323ft) 6-7 hours drive
Highlights Of The Trek:-
- A scenic jeep/bus drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi and Tripura Sundari to Kathmandu
- Natural Hot Springs and lakes, traditional ethnic settlements, terraced fiends, holy monasteries, deep gorges and deep woods
- Experience of complete remoteness and wilderness
- Stupendous mountain views including Ganesh I, II, III, IV peaks, Langtang Range, Manaslu, Annapurna range and Tibetan mountain range