Trekking in Everest region including Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake has always been trekkers’ first choice while planning a holiday trek in Nepal. The reasons behind it are: the grandest mountain panorama including Mt. Everest, Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, worth visiting towns like Lukla, Namche, Tengboche and Gokyo and the most authentic Sherpa culture and their lifestyle. Besides, the spectacular walk via lush woods and the absolute freedom you celebrate into the wild nature will be the lifetime experience for the trekkers during Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lake Trek. Further, crossing adventurous Chola Pass (5420m) will let you experience the world class thrills.
Begin your Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lake Trek from a beautiful town Lukla. Optionally, you can begin it following the classical trail via Junbesi and Surke. The Lukla airport receives regular flights from Kathmandu and then ways out for trekking in Everest region. The trail provides us an opportunity to experience the walk into Sagarmatha National Park from Monjo. Now, trekkers will experience various species of flora and fauna in the national park. Ascending up to Hotel Everest View, exploring Namche Bazar and holy Tengboche monastery will magnificently dwell in our memories. Passing Dingboche and Lobuche, we trek to Everest Base Camp and climb Kalapatthar where we will marvel at witnessing the most stupendous and closest view of Mt. Everest, Pumori, Nupse and Loa Tse. Next, we head to Chola Pass. The Chola Pass again offers the entire mountain panorama of the mountain summits in Khumbu region. Spectacular Gokyo Valley, Gokyo Lake and Gokyo ri are the major highlights of shifting to Gokyo from Everest Base Camp. Explore freshwater Gokyo Lake, Gokyo town and ascend up to Gokyo ri from where trekkers can imprison the entire breathtaking mountain panorama of Khumbu region. On backtracking, we follow the trail via Machhermo and Dole to arrive at Lukla.
So, if you are planning an adventure trekking in Nepal combining both Everest Base Camp and Gokyo Lake, Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lake Trek. This trek also can be done clockwise in which we, first, trek to Gokyo via Dole and Machhermo and then to Everest Base Camp crossing Chola Pass. You can do whichever way you like and Pariwar Holidays organizes it accordingly.
Level of Difficulty:-
Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lake Trek is a challenging in the sense that you are not only trekking to Everest Base Camp but also have to cross adventurous Chola Pass (5420m). People grade Chola Pass as one of the challenging passes of the world. Sometimes, you may have to confront with weather extremes like heavy snowfall. And, also some trekkers get altitude sickness on the trail. So, trekkers who are planning this trek require high level of stamina and confidence. Prior trekking / hiking experience is must. Address your health issue before you board on the trip properly.
Food and Accommodation:-
In most of the places, you are going to get local lodge accommodation except in Namche and Dingboche. In Namche and Dingboche, you will get better accommodation those other places during this trek. During peak trekking seasons: Autumn ( Sep-Nov) and Spring (Mar-May), the lodges may get largely populated. You will get almost all items of food during this trek like in major cities these days. In some cases, the lodge can satisfy you because there may be shortage food stuffs which are carried by yaks and mules.
- Day 01: Your Arrival At T.I.A. Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Trek preparation & free day.
- Day 03: 35-40 minutes Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla 2860 M. and same day trek to Phakding 2660 M. (3-4 hours).
- Day 04: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440 M. (5-6 hours).
- Day 05: A rest day & excursion day.
- Day 06: Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tengbuche 3870 M. (6 hours).
- Day 07: Trek from Tengbuche to Dingboche 4460 M. (5-6 hours).
- Day 08: A rest day and excursion day.
- Day 09: Trek from Dingbuche to Lobuche 4910 M. (5-6 hours).
- Day 10: Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep 5160 M. & Hike to Everest Base Camp 5364 M. – Gorakshep (7-8 hours).
- Day 11: Early morning hike from Gorakshep to Kalapather 5550 M. & trek descent to Dzonla 4830 M. (6-7 hours)
- Day 12: Trek from Dzongla to Thaknak 4750 M. via Chola pass 5420 M. (6-7 hours).
- Day 13: Trek from Thaknak to Gokyo Lake 4800 M. (4-5 hours).
- Day 14: Hike to Gokyo Ree (5360 M.) & same day Trek down Dhole (6-7 hours).
- Day 15: Trek from Dhole to Monjo (6-7 hours).
- Day 16: Trek from Monjo to Lukla (4-5 hours).
- Day 17: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to a hotel.
- Day 18: Departure.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with a comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with the necessary travel information.
- Marvel at witnessing the most stupendous and closest view of Mt. Everest, Pumori, Nupse and Loa Tse
- Spectacular Gokyo Valley, Gokyo Lake and Gokyo ri
- Explore worth visiting towns like Lukla, Namche, Tengboche and Gokyo and the most authentic Sherpa culture and their lifestyle
- Cross adventurous Chola Pass (5420m
- Experience the walk into Sagarmatha National Park