Trekking to Everest Base Camp has been declared as one of the finest trekking destinations of the world by Lonely Planet and other trip advisors every year while suggesting top ten trekking destinations of the world. To be more specific, Everest Base Camp Trek has been listed as the fourth out of the ten trekking destinations of the world by Lonely planet for 2020. People who come to Nepal for mild adventure trekking to celebrate their holidays always find Everest Base Camp Trek in the top list. Everyone wishes to step at the Base Camp of the Highest Mountain of the world but all cannot. Those who are successful to reach Everest Base Camp (5364m) and Kalapatthar ( 5644m), they celebrate , probably, the most incredible views of Mt. Everest, Loatse, Nupse, Loatse and Pumori. Likewise, the stunning sunrise turns these breathtaking views more spectacular. The unsoiled and authentic Sherpa People’s culture, worth exploring towns like Lukla, Namche and Tengboche, Hotel Everest View, Sagaramtha National Park, mighty avalanches and glaciers and marvelous landscapes make us really feel very special during our Everest Base Camp Trek.
We simply have two options for the beginning of Everest Base Camp Trek. Majority of the trekkers choose a short domestic flight to Lukla and few of them love to begin it from Salleri or Aiselukharka following the very classical trail to Everest Base Camp. To get to Salleri or Aiselukharak, we need to take a long jeep drive ( 9-10 hours). If you begin it from Salleri or any other places of lower Everest region, you can at least enjoy the less crowded trekking trail passing through ancient Sherpa and Tamang people’s settlements until you get to the main trail to Everest Base Camp from Phakding or Monjo.
The path to Everest Base Camp rises to higher elevation gradually passing through Sherpa settlements and lush forest of Sagarmatha National Park. Normally, we have two acclimatization days : one at Namche and the other at Dingboche. Exploring local towns including Namche Bazaar, Tengboche and Dingboche, we walk to Everest Base Camp to capture mesmerizing Mt. Everest. Ascending up to Hotel Everest View point and experiencing alpine flora and fauna in Sagaramtha National Park will, certainly, make our trip more fascinating. Climb Kalapatthar, the highest point of this trek and walk to Everest Base Camp, imprison the surreal views around including the top of the world, Mt. Everest and walk down to Lukla along the same way. Optionally, you can do a helicopter ride to get back to Lukla or back to Kathmandu directly from Kalapatthar or Gorekhshep.
How difficult is this trek?
Majority of the people find Everest Base Camp as a moderate adventure trekking in Nepal in Khumbu region. However, few of them consider it as a challenging trek. In fact, going above 5000m is not an easy job. But, the trail to Everest Base Camp is not technical like other high passes treks. People with high level of stamina and confidence can do this trek. You require walking 5-6 hours every day on average. There are a few cases of altitude sickness on the way to Everest Base Camp. If they have high altitude sickness, they will immediately be rescued.
Best Weather (s) of the Year
You will find your Everest Base Camp Trek absolutely spectacular during Autumn( Sep-Nov). The climate and the environment are perfect to walk and capture the views. If you go for the second best time of the year for Everest Base Camp you can do it in Spring ( Mar-May). You will marvel at seeing flowering rhododendron with mesmerizing mountain panorama during spring. If you can not do your Everest Base Camp trek during these two seasons, you still can do it in pre-winter (first week of Dec). Check the weather forecast before you book the flight to Lukla if you are flying.
- Day 01: Your Arrival At T.I.A. Kathmandu.
- Day 02: 35-40 minutes Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla 2860 M. and same day trek to Phakding 2660 M. (3-4 hours).
- Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440 M. (5-6 hours).
- Day 04: A rest day & excursion day.
- Day 05: Trek from Namche Bazzar to Tengbuche 3870 M. (6 hours).
- Day 06: Trek from Tengbuche to Dingboche 4460 M. (5-6 hours).
- Day 07: A rest day and excursion day.
- Day 08: Trek from Dingbuche to Lobuche 4910 M. (5-6 hours).
- Day 09: Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep 5160 M. & Hike to Everest Base Camp 5364 M. – Gorakshep (7-8 hours).
- Day 10: Early morning hike from Gorakshep to Kalapather 5550 M. & trek down to Pheriche 4260 M. (6-7 hours).
- Day 11: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar 3535 M. (6-7 hours).
- Day 12: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla 2840 M. (6-7 hours).
- Day 13: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu and transfer to a hotel.
- Day 14: Departure.
- Celebrate , probably, the most incredible views of Mt. Everest, Loatse, Nupse, Loatse and Pumori from Kalapatthar and Everest Base Camp
- Explore beautiful towns like Lukla, Namche and Tengboche on the way
- Have the delight of walking through Sagarmatha National Park
- Experience authentic Sherpa’s culture and civilization