Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek is for those trekkers who are planning to accomplish Annapurna Base Camp Trek within a week with relatively, longer and stressful working hours. This trek as normal other Annapurna Base Camp Treks, takes us into the heart of the western Himalayan ranges of Nepal offering magnificent views of Annapurnas, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchhre. Similarly, rejoice this week-long walk passing through natural water falls, terraced farms, traditional villages, lush rhododendron and awe-inspiring landscapes.
Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek also encompasses Pokhara, Ghandruk and Annapurna Conservation Area. Pokhara itself offers us majestic views of Annapurna massif, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu and Ganesh Himal and the serene lakes, holy caves and waterfall make our visit very delightful. Ghandruk, the largest Gurung village of Nepal provides you an opportunity to experience true rural lifestyle and their unique culture. The walk will be more spectacular while experiencing diverse species of flora and fauna in Annapurna Conservation Area.
Drive or fly to Pokhara from Kathmandu to begin your Short Annapruna Base Camp Trek. You take another short drive from Pokhara to Ghandruk, an impressive Gurung village. The trail then, passé through various local settlements including Sinuwa , Deurali and Machhapuchhre Base Camp before getting to Annapurna Base Camp. Along the trail, we collect beautiful memories of befriending with local people, exploring their unique culture and lifestyle, listening to melodious waterfalls and witnessing breathtaking mountain panoramas. We, finally, ascend up to Annapurna Base Camp, the final destination of this trek, capture massive Annapurna South and other snow-covered mountain peaks and retrace following the same trail to Pokhara.
Short Annapurna excludes Ghorepani and Poonhill, two major viewpoints in the lower Annapurna region. You require walking at least 6-7 hours in a day for Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek. We do not encounter any steep rocky technical trail on the way to Annapurna Base Camp. The highest elevation we get during this trek is 4130m that is Annapurna Base Camp.
Obtain two different permits for Short Annapurna Base Camp Trek. These permits include TIMS (Trekkers’ Information Management System) Card and Annapurna Conservation Area Entry Permit. You can collect these permits on your own by visiting Nepal Tourism Board. If you don’t have time to do so, your travel partner will help you to obtain them.
Getting to the Trailhead:-
Recently, Annapurna Base Camp Trek can be started either from Ulleri or Ghandruk as the rural road expansion connects both villages to Pokhara. We begin this trek from Ghandruk, a worth visiting Gurun village. In order to get to Ghandruk, we need to pass Pokhara. For this, we, first, drive or fly to Pokhara and further drive to Ghandruk though the country road. Better to hire a four-wheel jeep for Ghandruk from Pokhara as you are driving along the off-road.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with a comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with the necessary travel information.
- Day 01: Arrive at T.I.A. Kathmandu.
- Day 02: 30 minutes Flight from Kathmandu to Pokhara & same day drive from Pokhara to Ghandruk (1940 M).
- Day 03: Trek from Ghandruk to Sinuwa (2360 M. /5-6 hours).
- Day 04: Trek from sinuwa to Deurali (3230 M. / 6 -7 hours).
- Day 05: Trek from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4130 M. /5 hours).
- Day 06: Trek from A.B.C. to Bamboo (2340 M. / 6-7 hours).
- Day 07: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1780 M. / 6 hours).
- Day 08: Trek from Jhinu Danda to Nayapul & drive to Pokhara (6 hours).
- Capture magnificent views of Annapurnas, Dhaulagiri and Machhapuchhre
- Rejoice the walk passing through natural water falls, terraced farms, traditional villages, lush rhododendron and awe-inspiring landscapes.
- Visit Ghandruk, the largest Gurung village of Nepal
- Experinece diverse species of flora and fauna in Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Explore astonishing Pokhara city with dramatic mountain views