Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek is, probably, the finest level of adventure trekking in Annapurna and lower Mustang region in order to rejoice the enigmatic mountain panorama, landscapes and incredible freshwater lake. Annapurna Circuit Trek itself is an adventure trekking and additional with Tilicho Lake will be more spectacular. The experience of witnessing the most stupendous mountain panorama including Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and many other alluring peaks on Tibetan side makes this adventurous trek memorable for the lifetime. This is the only trek in Nepal that lets us celebrate the magical highlights of both Annapurna and lower Mustang region. The arid landscapes, the fortified cities, deep gorges, vast landscapes and the unspoiled traditions of the local people will absolutely be magnificent to delight on. The path, further, takes us to Thorung La pass (5416m/17769 ft), the highest point of this trek and offers us the opportunity to view the world below you with towering mountain panorama. Similarly, ascending up to Tilicho Lake (4919 m), the freshwater lake located at the highest elevation of the world makes us stunned . The serene surrounding of the lake and the breathtaking mountain panorama around delights you tremendously.
You will begin your Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek from Chame. Now, Chame is connected by the road from Besisahar. A few years back, trekkers would begin their walk for the Annapurna Circuit trek from Besisahar. You will pass various beautiful towns like Pisang, Manang, Muktinath and Jomsom on this trek. The path takes us to Tilicho Lake ( 4919m) and lets us enjoy thrilling wilderness around. Similarly, we also get an opportunity to cross Thorungla Pass (5416m) and dominate the world witnessing majestic snow-covered Himalayan panorama.
Another equally magnificent highlight of this trek is Muktinath. Thousands of Indian and Nepalese people visit holy Muktinath Temple every year. People have a bath from 108 water taps having the faith that the water washes the evil deeds they have done so far. Tourists also can observe a natural flame which never goes out here. Trekkers, ultimately, take a spectacular flight to Pokhara from the windy city Jomsom and end this trek formally. You can also explore Pokhara and its tourist’s attractions like lake, waterfalls, holy temples and caves before taking another short domestic flight or 6-7 hours drive to Kathmandu.
How difficult is this trek?
In fact, Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek is a challenging trek in Nepal. Only the people who have a high level of stamina with previous trekking or hiking experience can celebrate the trek in the way they like. It is really hard to climb up to Tilicho Lake( 4919m) and cross Thorungla Pass (5416m). Just a good level of stamina and confidence doesn’t work. You also may have to face unexpected weather extremes. Prepare well for this.
You require very high level preparations for Annapurna Circuit with Tilicho Lake Trek. Do a lot of short hiking/trekking in the hills and do regular various exercises. These things help to enhance your confidence and stamina. Address the health issues if you have any before you board on the trip. Find the best weather of the year (Autumn, Sep-Nov), join the most reliable trekking company with a professional team. Do not forget to pack all required trekking equipment.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with necessary travel information
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Trek preparation and a half Kathmandu valley sightseeing.
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Beshi Sahar by local or private transport (172 K.M./05-06 hours).
- Day 04: Drive from Beshi Sahar to Chame by four-wheel transport (90 K.M./2650 m/04-05 hours).
- Day 05: Trek from Chame to Pisang (3500 m/05 hours).
- Day 06: Trek from Pisang to Manag via Nawal (3540 m/06-07 hours).
- Day 07: A rest and excursion day.
- Day 08: Trek from Manag to Sirikharka (4060 m/04-05 hours).
- Day 09: Trek from Sirikharka to Tilicho Base camp (4140 m/04 hours).
- Day 10: Hike from Base camp to Tilicho Lake (4951 M.) & Trek back to Sirikharka (4060 m/ 07 hours).
- Day 11: Trek from Sirikharka to Yakkharka (4040 m/ 05 hours).
- Day 12: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorung Phedi (4441 M.) or onward high camp (4925 m/04-05 hours).
- Day 13: Trek from Thorung Phedi/Thorung High Camp to Muktinath via Thorungla Pass (5416 m/07-08 hours).
- Day 14: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2710 m/06 hours).
- Day 15: Drive or Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara (160 K.M. / 823m/08-10 hours).
- Day 16: Drive or Flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu (210 K.M. / 07 hours).
- Day 17: Departure.
Note: “if you have a problem with long-distance by driving, you may choose a flight from Jomsom to Pokhara to Kathmandu but 175$$ will be extra for each trekker”.
- Celebrate the finest level of adventure trekking in Annapurna and lower Mustang region
- Imprison the most enigmatic views of Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri, Manaslu and many other alluring peaks on Tibetan side
- Experience Thorung La pass (5416m and Tilicho Lake( 4919m)
- Explore Manang, Muktinath, Jomsom and Pokhara too
- Walk through deep woods and traditional settlements