Short Annapurna Circuit Trek is a customized trek itinerary from core Annapurna Circuit Trek to suit the people of shorter working schedule. But, it doesn’t mean that these shorter working days won’t let you experience the whole highlights of this region. You will have same spectacular taste of adventure trek celebrating breath taking landscapes and mountain views including Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Gangapurna, Tilicho Peak, Pisang Peak, and Paungda Danda and other numerous mountain summits in Nepal and Tibetan side. This trek takes you into the core wild nature where nobody interrupts your freedom of enjoying the natural astonishments. The landscapes and the mountain views are endless during the trip. Relatively, less crowded trekking trail, Short Annapurna Circuit Trek also offers the adventure enthusiasts to cross Thorungla Pass (5416 m., one of the highest passes of the world and they can witness the mighty Himalayan world. In addition to, various species of flora and fauna in Annapurna Conservation Area will make this trek more delightful. Pokhara city, Manasng Valley, Jomsom and holy Muktinath Temple equally contribute to make your journey memorable.
Begin your Short Annapurna Circuit Trek from Chame after 9-10 hours drive from Kathmandu. First ,you drive to Besisahar and further drive to Chame. We gradually get elevation walking via traditional ethnic settlements, magnificent landscapes and lush forest. The more the trekkers ascend, the more they find their trip spectacular. You will arrive at Manang valley passing through Chame and Pisang. Manang valley makes you feel that you are in different world. Ascending from Manang, trekkers will get the top of the Thurungla Pass via Thorung Phedi . From the climax of Thorungla Pass, trekkers can capture breathtaking Annapurna, Manaslu many other jaw-dropping snow-fed summits. Passing through Thorungla Pass, trekkers reach Muktinath, a holy Hindu pilgrimage site. What trekkers will see in Muktinath are: the natural flame which never goes out and 108 water spouts. Hindu and Buddhists follower from Nepal and India go to take bath from 108 water spouts believing that they wash all sins. Finally, you walk down to Jomsom, a windy city and fly back to Pokhara to end this Short Annapurna Circuit Trek.
As a whole, Short Annapurna Circuit Trek encompasses both lower Mustang and Annapuran region. Further, the trek lets us experience some glimpses of Tibetan culture and civilization while passing through various settlements. You will find the local people culturally and economically connected to Tibet.
Getting the Trailhead:-
Chame is the trailhead of Annapurna Circuit Trek. In order to get Besisahar, first, and, then, Chame, you take a local bus or private jeep/car drive. So far, there is no availability of luxury tourist bus for Besisahar like from Pokhara and Chitwan from Kathmandu. We drive along Prithvi Highway until Dumre and take right turn and continue driving to Chame via Besisahar.
Food and Accommodation:-
Only normal mountain accommodation is available during Annapurna Circuit Trek. The region is not much facilitated with modern luxury hotels and restaurants. The local people run these local lodges where you will have your meals according to the food items mentioned in the menu. The foods you will get are hygienic and of local products.
Crossing Thorungla Pass (5416 m) will be the first challenge for the trekkers in this trek. For this high level of stamina and confidence is required. To enhance stamina and confidence, you are suggested to do regular exercise, walk, hiking/trekking in the hills. Also, if you have serious illness related to heart and lungs, address it first prior to the trekking. Secondly, very few people may have altitude sickness during this trek. Follow your trekking leader and his instructions carefully. Have balanced diet and hydrate well.
Note: “If you have a problem about long distance by driving, you may choose a flight from Jomsom to Pokhara to Kathmandu but 175$ will be extra for each trekkers”.
Customize My Trip:-
We understand that your preferences and interests may be different. Tell us about your requirements and what you expect from the tour, and we will help you design a package with comfortable itinerary to best meet your needs. Please submit your details on the Below form. We will contact you within 24 hours with necessary travel information.
- Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Trek Preparation and a Half Day Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Beshi Sahar by local or Private Transport (172 K.M./06-07 hours)
- Day 04: Drive from Beshi Sahar to Chame by four-wheel transport (90 K.M./2650 m/04-05 hours)
- Day 05: Trek from Chame to Pisang (3500 m/05 hours)
- Day 06: Trek from Pisang to Manang via Nawal (3540 m/06-07 hours)
- Day 07: A Rest and Excursion Day
- Day 08: Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka (4090 m/04 hours)
- Day 09: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorung Phedi (4441 M.) or Onward High Camp (4925 m/04-05 hours)
- Day 10: Trek from Thorung Phedi/Thorung High Camp to Muktinath via Thorungla Pass (5416 m/07-08 hours)
- Day 11: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (2710 m/06 hours)
- Day 12: Drive or Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara (160 K.M. / 823m/08-10 hours)
- Day 13: Drive or Fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu (210 K.M. / 07 hours)
- Day 14: Departure
- Celebrate breathtaking mountain views including Dhaulagiri, Machhapuchhre, Manaslu, Gangapurna, Tilicho Peak, Pisang Peak, and Paungda Danda and other numerous mountain summits in Nepal and Tibetan side
- Explore Pokhara city, Manasng Valley, Jomsom and holy Muktinath Temple
- Experience various species of flora and fauna in Annapurna Conservation Area
- Cross adventurous Thorungla Pass (5416 m).